Monday, November 2, 2009

BP4_2009112_Web2.0Tools



Web 2.0 Tools:

After researching the website with the Web 2.0 tools I found one in particular that I wanted to pursue.  The website is http://kidoz.net/.  KIDO’Z is a website dedicated to keeping children safe online.  While reading the reviews, they state that is an extremely popular website for children ten and under.  As I am a Kindergarten teacher, this is right up my alley. 

This website is a great tool for young children because they

 don’t need to read or write in order to use it.  It is very colorful in nature with a kid-friendly interface.  The best thing about this website is that it allows children to access and browse hundreds of safe sites without leaving the Web 2.0 tool. 

This website is something I would definitely use in my classroom.  The way our schedule is set up, we have two free computer times per day.  I usually let the students play PBS Kids.com.  Using KIDO’Z I would be able to let the children browse through a variety of safe websites and let them choose what they would want to research or play. 

I could use KIDO’Z for many assignments w

ithin my class.  I would start by using this website with the Smart board.  I would allow the students to browse through the different websites and see what the site has to offer.  By allowing each student to have a turn checking out a website of their interest, they would be able to go on their own and use the site by themselves.  The beauty of this Web 2.0 tool is that you don’t have to worry about students navigating away from a specified site.  Any site they are using is safe and allows you to have peace-of-mind. 

Go2Web2.0 has actually made me rethink some parts of my action research project.  It has given me more age appropriate information that might be better to use with kindergarteners then what I had previously planned.  

*The pictures I used in my blog were screen shots from the KIDO'z site!

1 comment: