Sunday, November 8, 2009

BP6_2009112_Flickr Lesson Plan


My Flickr lesson plan would be geared towards K-1 students.  Before using Flickr on the Internet, I would have to practice surfing the web with my students.  I would also have discuss the safety issues while viewing photos. My biggest concern would be students finding inappropriate photos by accident.  Since you tag your own photos, you really don't know what photos could come up in the search.  


Learning verbs:

Steps of the lesson:

 

 

1)   Learn the verbs: run, jump, sing, dance, play, swim, read, write.

 

1) Learners look for pictures on Flickr.  They type the words in the “search window” and try to guess the meaning of these verbs. 

2) The teacher shows slides, pronounces the words, and adds some new verbs.  The learners repeat and try to remember that. 

3) Students can print out five photos each.  They will then play a verb vocabulary game with a partner. 

4) As a class, we will then take the photos and create “I can “ and “We can” sentences on the pocket chart. 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment